Monday, April 2, 2012

And then there's Ethel

I'm the only grandma in the bunch, but that doesn't mean I'm not young at heart and totally excited for this chic roadtrip adventure! It goes without saying that I, too, am a fan of those beautiful shiny Airstream trailers.  My husband and I purchased and restored our beloved 1953 Flying Cloud four and a half years ago.  And now we have 2 more vintage Airstreams just waiting for their turn.

I live in Salem, the town I grew up in, and work as an accounting manager for a state agency.  We live on one acre in the country where I have lots of cats (more than Lucy!) and enjoy thrift store shopping, reading and cooking.  I also have a new fancy camera I'm trying to learn to use so I can take great shots on this trip (and of my adorable one year old grandson).

Five years ago I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams that we would be here today having the time of our life and how many new genuine friends we have made all because of a special little trailer.  And I'm especially thrilled that I have gotten to know my three travel partners - Thelma, Louise and Lucy! 


Ethel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ethel,
    My eyes filled up with tears when I read your post. I know exactly what you mean about the friends you make because of a trailer. For that reason, I guess we just get to love our little trailers more and more.
    I also am a new grandmother. I married my husband last fall, we bought our Airstream and I inherited his grandson who is now 2 and a half. He loves Nanny's choochoo as much as we do and after his first trip in it to our wedding, he cried for weeks wanting to sleep in it again. I know the feeling!
    cyou at Alumapalooza!
    Jojo
    Heirs'DreamTravel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jojo, I can't wait to meet you. We can share pictures of our grandsons!

      Delete