Friday, March 23, 2012

Meet the Chics: Thelma

Last weekend was our first official Airstream rally of 2012 - it was awesome to hear that so many of our friends in the group were following our upcoming road trip!!  Aside from the obvious (Lucy is sooo Lucy) everyone wanted to know each of our Pen Names.  For those of you reading this blog because you know one, a few or all of us....or don't know any of us and just find it entertaining, we've decided to each write a post which gives you a little insight as to who we are.


So just who is this Thelma chic?  Someone who is absolutely astounded that she owns an Airstream...and LOVES IT!!!  (Actually, I own a few of them but that's another story).  Never in my wildest imagination did I think that my life would be so enriched with the friendships and adventures I've had since joining the Oregon Unit of the Wally Byam Caravan Club Intl (WBCCI).  I love the big red numbers, I love visiting everyone's AS because it's an extension of their personality and...wait for it....I love camping (actually - I call it Glamping...glamour camping).  As I write this post, I'm sitting in my beloved GiGi (aka GlamperGirl) at Stubb Stewart State Park in OR looking outside the window at sunshine - hard to believe I awoke to a winter wonderland yesterday morning!



I grew up in Seattle - my sweet mom still lives there; am married, no children, one darling hound dog named Mellie (or Snork...depending on the sounds coming out of her hound dog nose).  I've been in sales the majority of my professional career although I'm finding that my passion for marketing may take me down a different path in the near future.  I'm a self-professed Shoe Dog and have been known to pack waaayyyy too many shoes but it would be so awful to need that perfect pair and know they were sitting at home, right?  I like to think I'm pretty good at merchandising our Airstreams (okay...there are five of them:  a '56 Flying Cloud named Alice, a '58 Bubble aptly named BubbleLicious, a '61 Bambi named Rogue, an amazingly renovated '69 Tradewind named Kalakala, and GiGi - a 2011 CCD Bambi Int'l) and am constantly on the hunt for just the right lamp, clock, rug to put my personal stamp on their interiors.  I'm a certified Apple-junky...typing this post on my MacBook Pro, snapping photos with my iPhone, using my amazing new iPad3 as a mobile hot-spot...what more could I ask for?? 

Most of all - I'm proud to say I've surrounded myself with some pretty amazing people who inspire me, make me laugh and offer me hugs when I need them.  Life is pretty darned good.

Thanks for following us on our roadtrip - 62 days and counting until our adventure of a lifetime begins.

Thelma

5 comments:

  1. Thelma, you are amazing!! Not only do you have good taste (Airstreams, Apple and shoes...need I say more?), you possess the beautiful spirit of adventure and the brilliance to carry it all out! YOU GO GLAMPER GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TrailerTrixies!!! This is going to be quite the adventure!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Roadtrippin' chicks,
    My new husband and I are draggin our Airstream to Alumapalooza for the first time too. We'll be there to hail you in as you make your grand entrance! I'll check out your photos so we'll know which rigs are you. You can check us out at fb.com/Heirs'DreamTravel or HeirsDreamTravel.blogspot.com
    Can't wait to meet you!!!
    Jojo and Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there newlyweds!! Love the history behind your AS name - are you bringing the labs with you to JC?
      We're soooo excited for this adventure to begin -
      Safe Travels
      Thelma, Louise, Lucy & Ethel

      Delete
  3. ABsolutely, truth be told it's just a rolling, air conditioned doghouse, so imagine the labbie chagrine should we take it out of the driveway and leave them behind! We also affectionately call her the DogHairstream!
    cya soooooon, we are on 4o more sleeps!
    xo
    Jojo, Rick, Johnny, Charles and Blue Q McKeown

    ReplyDelete